An abstraction that handles the persistence and retrieval of LoginEntrys so that Gecko doesn’t have to.
In order to use this class, attach it to the active GeckoRuntime as its
It is not designed to work with other engines.
This class is part of a complex flow integrating Gecko and Application Services code, which is described here:
- GV finds something on a page that it believes could be autofilled
- GV calls onLoginFetch
- We retrieve all Logins with matching domains (if any) from loginStorage
- We return these Logins to GV
- GV autofills one of the returned Logins into the page
- GV calls onLoginUsed to let us know which Login was used
- User submits their credentials
- GV detects something that looks like a login submission
- (GeckoLoginStorageDelegate is not involved with this step) A prompt is shown to the user,
who decides whether or not to save the Login
- If the user declines, break
- GV calls onLoginSave with a Login
- We CREATE or UPDATE the Login in loginStorage
Returns whether an existing login record should be UPDATEd or a new one CREATEd, based on the saved ServerPassword and new Login.
Given a domain, returns a GeckoResult of the matching LoginEntrys found in loginStorage.
Called when a login should be saved or updated.
Called after a login has been autofilled into web content.
Loads a file from the resources folder and returns its content as a string object.